Here's everything you need to know about Riley House Time To Wellness Body Wash
Taking a shower can sometimes (or even many times) just feel like a chore, especially in the winter times when all we want to do is snuggle in our warm bed. We feel you! Routines get boring when we're stuck in the same pattern every day. We want to help your mundane tasks enjoyable, and that's why we created Time To Wellness Body Wash. One simple way to start transforming routines into "rituals" is putting mindfulness into your daily practices. You'll be able to mindfully cleanse and nourish your skin by knowing what goes in making the product and what it really does to your body. Let's dig in!
Why did you create Time To Wellness Body Wash?
It all started with a simple question: Why is there a specific cleanser for "down there"? Feminine wash or intimate wash are intended to only wash the outer parts of the vagina and we were OK about that, just like we use different cleansers for our facial skin and body skin. The reason why we were disturbed by the giant feminine wash market was because it made women feel like their vaginas should smell like flowers and think negatively about vaginal discharge. Vagina is a magical organ which can self-clean. This literally means that it's best to leave it alone and let the V do its job. At Riley House, we want to help our customers learn how to have a "healthy" vagina, instead of focusing on how to have a "clean" vagina (in most cases, "overly-clean" vagina).
Riley House Time To Wellness Body Wash focuses on the basics while being gentle enough to wash the entire landscape of the body, including the delicate areas of the vulva. The formula is clean, pH-balanced, full of probiotics, with a slight touch of natural Hinoki essential oil for a refreshing and mindful shower time.
What are the key ingredients?
- Probiotics (Bifida Ferment Lysate): A probiotic ingredient that protects the skin from external aggression without stripping away skin's barrier.
- Angelica Leaf Extract: A well-known Korean herb that helps regulate the menstrual cycle and stimulate blood circulation. Many Korean women drink angelica root tea for reproductive health.
- Parsley Extract: Packed with vitamin A, C, B, a powerful antioxidant that helps strengthens the skin's protective barrier.
- Hinoki Essential Oil(Chamaecyparis Obtusa Oil): A representative scent of forest bathing, the essential oil has an anti-inflammatory effect.
*Full ingredient list: Water, Lauryl Glucoside, Coco-glucoside, Glycerin, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Lauryl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Coco-Betaine, Sodium Chloride, 1,2-Hexanediol, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Oil, Sodium Phytate, Petroselinum Sativum (Parsley) Extract, Angelica Archangelica Leaf Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Extract, Mimosa Tenuiflora Bark Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil
Is it sulfate-free?
Yes, it is made without any harsh ingredients, parabens, sulfates, and artificial fragrance.
What does it do for my body?
- pH-balance(pH 4.5~5.5): The most ideal pH level of the body, including the vulva skin is somewhere between 4.5 to 5.5. Our formula targets the ideal pH level so you can safely cleanse from head to toe.
- Intensively hydrating: Thanks to our probiotic ingredient (which is one of our top ingredients!), it will leave the skin hydrated even after the shower.
- Natural and subtle scent: We added a small portion of Hinoki essential oil, so it may feel like a fragrance-free cleanser to those who aren't that sensitive enough, but because it's so subtle, it won't collide with any of your fragrance!
*Pro tip: You may even use it as a facial cleanser (literally a head-to-toe cleanser), because our ingredients can be found in facial cleansers that claims to be safe yet effective.
Can you describe the texture?
Since we didn't use any synthetic surfactants or sulfates, the formula is a bit watery. But no worries, a little will go a LONG way. Be careful when adjusting the amount.
Why should I use a pH-balanced body wash?
Many body cleansers are alkaline. This is because synthetic surfactants and sulfates have a high pH level which seems like it can effectively cleanse the skin, but it can strip away the body's natural moisture. A healthy pH of the skin is 4.5 to 5.5 so in order to maintain a healthy state, you should use a pH-balanced body cleanser.
Can I use it to wash my internal areas?
You should not cleanse the inner areas of the vulva. All body washes are made for external use ONLY.
How does Time To Wellness Body Wash smell like?
If you walk in a forest filled with cypress trees, the refreshing scent will give you a sensory experience that can help you relax, detox and de-stress. Your shower will replicate that kind of forest bathing with our Time To Wellness Body Wash.
Is the bottle recyclable?
We tried not to use a pump because it creates much more trash and making the recycle process much stressful. To recycle, please wash away the inside of the bottle and remove the cap.